I have a collection of computers that I accumulated over the years, most of which I have acquired since I moved to California for graduate school.
My wife uses a self-built AMD Athlon XP 2000+ system, on which she runs Windows XP Pro. She does a lot of graphics work and web site design. She is learning to use a Mac with a Beige G3 266 Desktop I’ve setup with both Mac OS 9.2.2 & Mac OS X 10.2.8. I’ve acquired a Thinkpad 560 recently that I am fixing up for her as well.
The computer I use the most when I am at home is a Power Macintosh Beige G3 Tower, on which I mostly run Mac OS X 10.2.8, but somtimes boot into Mac OS 9.2.2, Mac OS 8.1, and Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.
My collection is organized by the table below.
- HP Kayak XAs/350 Â – Dual Pentium IIÂ 350MHz
- Dell OptiPlex GM – Pentium 166MHz
- Self-built K6-2 – K6-2 500MHz
- Micron Millenia Pro2 Â – Pentium ProÂ 200MHzÂ (Dual Capable)
- Self-built Pentium 200MHz MMX
- Tri-Star Computer Corp.Â Flash Cache 486E – 486DX2 66MHz
- Self-built 386 – 386DXL 40MHz
- Netpliance I-Opener – WinChip C6 200MHz
- Sun SPARCStation 5 – 70MHz
- Sun SPARCStation 2 – 40MHz
- NintendoÂ Gameboy
- NintendoÂ 64
- SegaÂ Dreamcast
- Sony PlayStation
- Sony PlayStation 2
- Power Macintosh 7500/100 w/ Sonnet PowerPC
- G3 233MHz upgrade card
- Power Macintosh 6100/66 – PowerPC 601 66MHz
- Macintosh Quadra 650 – 68040 33MHz
- /Â PowerPC 601 66MHz
- Macintosh IIci – 68030 25MHz
- Macintosh IIsi – 68030 20MHz
- Macintosh II – 68020 16MHz
- Power Macintosh G3 (Beige Tower) – PowerPCÂ G3 300MHz w/ 1MB Cache
- Power Macintosh 8100/80 – PowerPC 601 80MHz
- Macintosh Quadra 950 – 68040Â 33MHz /Â PowerPC 601 66MHz
- Powerbook 5300cs – PowerPC 603e 100MHz
- Macintosh SE/30 – 68030 16MHz
- Macintosh SE – 68000 8MHz